Sunday 9 June 2013

Week 1 Success

Monday morning I woke up slightly nervous, but very excited for my first bike2work experience. This past week was perfect biking weather (minus the rain)! My two challenges this week were to first re-teach myself how to ride a bike and second, to find the best route to get to downtown Kitchener from where I live while trying to avoid the busy streets. The ride home was much more successful cutting my commute by 30 minutes and 4km! A few times I wasn't sure I was going to make it, some of those hills were killer (pic = a little exaggeration of course), but I pushed myself through them and survived. :)

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/technique-how-to-flatten-even-the-steepest-of-hills-23531/

Thank you Ziggy's for providing us with this sweet bike! Total for the week = 45km = SUCCESS!

Melani K

If you’re reading this blog, you could win a free bike by completing the BikeKitchener cycling survey. Fill it out online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bikekitchener2013. #BikeKitchener

No comments:

Post a Comment