The third week of the Challenge was wonderful weather for biking. The delicious breakfast and social time at the Tannery building was a welcome way to start the day on Tuesday... great wraps! I enjoyed hearing about the new "bike share" program- what a terrific idea! I completed the biking survey- a timely opportunity to advocate for safer and more wide-spread bike use! And Josh... it was good to meet you!
A few insights learned from riding the new Trek into work:
- what a difference having a good bike makes- my old one was a much heavier bike, gave a bumpier ride and made for more work going uphill.
- I was skeptical that the WSD seat would actually make a difference- I have found it noticeably more comfortable than seats I've had in the past. Commuting by bike is much more attractive when I'm comfortable!
- It's been great having a helmet with the adjustable fit knob- so I know it's fitting my head properly.
- The panniers are fantastic and take the strain of a backpack off my neck and shoulders. The fact that they are surprisingly roomy and waterproof to boot is an added bonus!
- Dress for success whatever the weather is doing and it all adds up to a rewarding and enjoyable commute!
If you’re reading this blog, you could win a free bike by completing the BikeKitchener cycling survey. Fill it out online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bikekitchener2013 #BikeKitchener