Sunday 23 June 2013

Crazy Weather at the Black Forest Inn

Oh THE GLAMOUROUS life of biking!! 

The weather over the last few days has been very interesting and has not brought out the best in this competition! One of the challenges that I struggle with CONSTANTLY is thinking ahead about the weather!

I must say, I have gotten much better at coming into work about 30 mins (or 15 minutest) depending on how I am late I am running in the morning at be good and sweat free for meetings!! Today, I found that 30 minutes was not enough time because it was so hot, and I went into my meeting still red! It was very funny, someone actually thought that I was sunburnt  -  it was funny.




Then yesterday, the weather lied to me and on my way back from work it downpoured! That was NOT 30% chance of rain!




Mainly it is important for you to consider when you bike to work the time it take to de-sweat and/or dry off regardless of how good your sweat kit is (like mine)! Best of luck riding! 


I have been reflecting on my progress over the last few days: 

  • I don't have to pay for gas and it only takes me 15 minutes longer to bike from Victoria and Westmount to Conestogo
  • I learned that Westmount turns into Northfield
  • Fenders don't protect you when its raining and still get your feet when you go through a puddle
  • I am staying up much later and feel better about myself and my athleticness (not a real word but we'll let this one slide)
  • It is easy to get your friends to come on a bike ride
  • And finally I've learned that I LOVE THIS FREAKING BIKE  THANKS ZIGGGGYY



Steph M

If you’re reading this blog, you could win a free bike by completing the BikeKitchener cycling survey. Fill it out online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bikekitchener2013 #BikeKitchener

No comments:

Post a Comment